Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What You Need to Install a Sign

Most states require that hardwired electric signs and/or neon be installed by a State Licensed Sign Specialist. To qualify for a license they must be at least 18 years of age, have over 4,000 hours of experience, obtained over a period of not less than 2 years, related to manufacture, installation, maintenance, connection, or repair of electric signs and related wiring, and must take and pass the Sign Specialist examination.
The sign specialist is actively in charge of and responsible for code compliance of all installations, connection, and repair of electric signs and related wiring. To ensure your sign permitting goes smoothly and your electric sign is installed properly, ask if your sign contractor employ's a Licensed Sign Specialist.

No comments:

Post a Comment